viernes, 27 de mayo de 2011

Review: The Long Way Home (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season 8, Vol. 1) by Joss Whedon

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home (Season 8, Vol. 1)


Since the destruction of the Hellmouth, the Slayers - newly legion - have gotten organized and are kicking some serious undead butt. But not everything's fun and firearms, as an old enemy reappears and Dawn experiences some serious growing pains. Meanwhile, one of the "Buffy" decoy slayers is going through major pain of her own. Buffy creator Joss Whedon brings Buffy back to Dark Horse in this direct follow-up to season seven of the smash-hit TV series. The bestselling and critically acclaimed issues #1-5 are collected here for the first time, as are their covers by Jo Chen and Georges Jeanty.


Trade Paperback, 136 pages

Published: October 31st 2007 by Dark Horse (first published May 2007)
Description: Goodreads.com
Provided through: Netgalley



REVIEW


I never watched Buffy when I was younger. And not because of lack of interest, but because I was not allowed to watch the show. I remember begging to grow up faster & for the show not to stop airing when I did. But eventually Buffy ended & I forgot about it. 

So when I heard about the graphic novel I was instantly excited to read it because it would be my chance to discover the amazingness of the fandom.

Firstly, in my opinion, you do NOT need to have watched the series to understand this. Yes, it's tehcnically season 8, but it's not necessary. If you know what a Slayer(demon killer, ALWAYS a woman) & a watcher(slayer's guide) is, then you are set.

The Long Way Home is the perfect combination of writing with mind-blowing graphics. Buffy is a strong girl & her sarcastic remarks & badassness makes her instantly our idol(if you are a girl) & coveting material(if you are a guy).

I spent half the time laughing my head off & the other half in awe of the drawings. The Long Way Home is not another marketing strategy to keep fans interested, it has soul and submerges you into the world and refuses to let go of you.

If you were fan of Buffy back in the day & never read it because you thought it would ruin your memories of the show, read it because it will give you new memories of the characters.

And if you, like me, never saw the series, read it too because it will make you wish you did.

Buffy had never been more alive than in the pages of this graphic novels.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario